Dialed
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100454
What I Drive: '12 Black Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 Dialed Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyn085 View Post
Correct, the Newmission mod is the 3" hole cut into the bottom of the box with a Gates radiator hose running up to the insert in the drivers side triangle.

I never had any issues with water intrusion and I even ran it through automatic car washes. The water would have to travel vertically approximately 6" or so, and that would probably only occur if you were literally fording water. Even in that scenario water shouldn't permeate the filter because you maintain your stock intake runners, so without putting a large load on your engine you shouldn't achieve a strong enough suction.

I think that if I did more long-distance/highway commuting that I would quite possibly have a different view on its' benefits. The one time I took an extended highway drive (200 miles), I appeared to have gotten phenomenal gas mileage. Unfortunately, I mainly commute in town and I had been taking a loss in economy.

I will be dyno-testing this mod (hopefully) again after I build my exhaust if my friend still has his dyno. I think that once I open up the exhaust that the Newmission will show gains over the snorkel-delete, but on the stock 2" exhaust it just couldn't do it in town.
My other suspicion is whether the Newmission mod would even be effective having completely removed the stock airbox.

(Image courtesy of WhiteTite)

I could drill a hole in the bottom of the FSWerks.. whatever you want to call that thing..let's call it a frame, but would there be enough suction, or any at all? I wonder how much air would actually make it to the filter.