Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Car won't start - Injectors
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 01:26 PM   #1
Muso1981
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 103873
What I Drive: 2006 Focus GHIA TDCI

FF Reputation: 1 Muso1981 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Car won't start - Injectors

Hi

I have a 1.6 tdci 2006 mark 2 focus. Recently I have been having problem with the injectors 3 & 4 which were leaking from the seals so I decided to try and take them out and then re-seat them. Unfortunately the injectors were stuck in totally so I decided to plug it all back together.
Anyway everything put back together ok and my car no longer starts. It did temporarily star and run for 2 seconds then it cut out. Turning the key turns over the engine but it won't kick it.
It seems to me like there is no fuel getting into the injectors. Ive looked around for a reliable mechanic to help but no avail they all talk about it being huge job and I'm sure they just want to make as much cash as possible. I've found a reliable to remove the injectors and re-seat them but thye are miles away. So currently my problem is simply getting the car started.
When I remove a fuel cable from one of the injectors no fuel is coming through when turning the engine over.

Any suggestions would be handy.

Thanks