poole34
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 102441
What I Drive: 2012 White Focus Hatchback SEL

FF Reputation: 2 poole34 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyn085 View Post

I think that if I did more long-distance/highway commuting that I would quite possibly have a different view on its' benefits. The one time I took an extended highway drive (200 miles), I appeared to have gotten phenomenal gas mileage. Unfortunately, I mainly commute in town and I had been taking a loss in economy.

I will be dyno-testing this mod (hopefully) again after I build my exhaust if my friend still has his dyno. I think that once I open up the exhaust that the Newmission will show gains over the snorkel-delete, but on the stock 2" exhaust it just couldn't do it in town.
I thought about taking the new mission off but my commute is mostly highway. I average between 34 to 36 mpg. I added roof racks and a wind fairing before doing the mod and my gas mileage went down to 30 so I know it helps. I think adding an exhaust will definitely open it up. I have friend with a shop and a lift so when I get the money saved up I would like to go with an FSWerks stealth exhaust as I am not looking for sound but I may go with the magna flow because I think I can get it cheaper.