Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Ford Puts Engine Roar Back into Refined Focus ST Cabin
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 08:17 AM   #28
mmmoose
Bunneh Fanatic

Fan#: 39963
What I Drive: 2008 United Gray VW Rabbit

FF Reputation: 9 mmmoose Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by swansong View Post
But still I think my "rough", crude, loud, Borla'd SVT engine has more character than the ecoboost, because it is much less isolated from the driver like the ecoboost is. I'm sure it would grow on me if i owned it though.
Even today I miss my old '02 ZX3 with MagnaFlow exhaust. I don't know what it is about the 2.0L Zetec engine but it got along very well with most aftermarket exhausts. It wasn't hard to get that deep throaty, rhythmic tone out of the engine. It never sounded obnoxious and it never gave me any headaches on long trips.

You'd think that upgrading to a 2.5L, 5-cylinder engine would sound badass... but nope. I haven't found a single aftermarket exhaust for my car that sounds good. They all sound too raspy and rice burner-ish. As much as I love the engine, having an uneven number of cylinders kills the chance of having any good aftermarket exhaust options.