Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Think I figured out the shuddering when starting from a stop...can't believe it
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 06:07 AM   #244
smizak
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 92058
What I Drive: 2012 Black SEL

FF Reputation: 2 smizak Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigertiger View Post
Interesting. I didn't know this. It has a certain amount of sense and logic to it, but clearly isn't being applied properly here.

Do you think the size and volume of the dealership may also be a factor? A large dealer is maybe able to be more flexible and justify claims to corporate whereas a small one needs to be more cautious and might not be given the benefit of the doubt.
My dealer is a monster with several lots in several locations and probably ten or so auto brands. The manager told me explicitly that he would love to open my gearbox up and prove me right, but Ford will not authorize it unless the leakage is visible. He spoke with engineering and they told him only to reprogram the tranny with the newest calibration. They open themselves up to other issues if the repair department just starts taking new cars apart because their customers want them to.

He expressed doubt and frustration to me as well, he knows damn well it's not gonna work either.