Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Think I figured out the shuddering when starting from a stop...can't believe it
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 01:31 AM   #243
tigertiger
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85787
What I Drive: 2004 green ranger; 2012 Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 tigertiger Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by feta_mgp View Post
Dealerships are actually audited on TSB/Warranty related repair work. If they willy nilly decide to replace a part that's functioning perfectly on a customer's vehicle and then the audit shows that the replaced part actually was in good working order, the dealership foots the bill and doesn't get credit for the work. That's how I've come to understand it.

That said, almost everyone in this thread should have sufficient evidence to argue in their favor to get this TSB applied, afterall, we're all exhibiting similar issues, some worse than others, but similar nonetheless, this is NOT an isolated incident.
Interesting. I didn't know this. It has a certain amount of sense and logic to it, but clearly isn't being applied properly here.

Do you think the size and volume of the dealership may also be a factor? A large dealer is maybe able to be more flexible and justify claims to corporate whereas a small one needs to be more cautious and might not be given the benefit of the doubt.