Level Up 96% Completed
Level up: 96% Level up: 96% Level up: 96%
Forum Activity 14%
Activity: 14% Activity: 14% Activity: 14%
FF Reputation: 49 dyn085 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dialed View Post
The newmission mod being the "ram-air" right? I've been thinking about doing it. I am skeptical and worried about snow getting in there and blowing up onto the filter in the winter, and rain in the summer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by poole34 View Post
I have had the new mission mod for several months. I have driven through some heavy rain and have not had any issues. I also have the snorkel delete. So far so good I have not seen any water in the air box.
Correct, the Newmission mod is the 3" hole cut into the bottom of the box with a Gates radiator hose running up to the insert in the drivers side triangle.

I never had any issues with water intrusion and I even ran it through automatic car washes. The water would have to travel vertically approximately 6" or so, and that would probably only occur if you were literally fording water. Even in that scenario water shouldn't permeate the filter because you maintain your stock intake runners, so without putting a large load on your engine you shouldn't achieve a strong enough suction.

I think that if I did more long-distance/highway commuting that I would quite possibly have a different view on its' benefits. The one time I took an extended highway drive (200 miles), I appeared to have gotten phenomenal gas mileage. Unfortunately, I mainly commute in town and I had been taking a loss in economy.

I will be dyno-testing this mod (hopefully) again after I build my exhaust if my friend still has his dyno. I think that once I open up the exhaust that the Newmission will show gains over the snorkel-delete, but on the stock 2" exhaust it just couldn't do it in town.
2014 FiST-