Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - FSWerks Header? Buy it??
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 10:56 PM   #81
1hotfocus
Focus Addict

Fan#: 82813
What I Drive: 00' sedan

FF Reputation: 7 1hotfocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (21)
Quote:
Originally Posted by crice8 View Post
I have never datalogged mine and it runs like a champ. They have done so many of our gens that they know where to set the tune at. I highly suggest you install the tune first otherwise your car will have a CEL code for the second cat having a fault because it is no longer used when you go header.
Your tune can be fine tuned after you have both the header and tune installed but as I stated mine has never been datalogged and Randy at FSwerks has adjusted my tunes several times for other things such as increasing the transmission pressure(=

This actually gives me a little anxiety. I've been around hundreds of tuning shops and been around some of the best tuners and honestly no car runs the same with the same mods. No matter how many they have done, all cars run differently. Shift point tunes don't need data logging but tunes for a/f ratio changes (intake/header/exhaust) all require specific tuning if your want your car running 100% . I bet if you data logged and had a tuner check it over there's room for improvement.

Forgot to add, when most tunes are sent out, the tune that comes preloaded is usually just a test tune before datalogging, and probably shouldn't be used in the long run, without precision tweaking for your specific car and the way it runs specifically. just an FYI

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using FF Mobile