Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Need advice on buying used 2012 Focus
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 04:07 PM   #4
His Dudiness
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 104678
What I Drive: 2008 Sandstone Dodge Grand Caravan

FF Reputation: 1 His Dudiness Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Thanks for your quick replies guys!

So basically if I see Flex Fuel sign (on rear door?) and yellow fuel cap - it's safe to assume it's job 2 right? Also, as I understand job 2 production started around mid-April 2012?

Still I'm wondering what's the best way to feel this DCT issue during test drive?

to lifocus - thanks for the advice. I am researching now, but honestly I don't see any alternatives of overall great car with low fuel consumption. I really need good mpg because our other car is 08' Dodge Grand Caravan with average 17mpg! So I don't want anything larger than Ford Focus. I don't want something too small too - like smart or honda fit (though Fit is a great small car). So, I was looking into VW TDI - diesels are great for mpg but they suck in winter - and comfort is very important for me - I can't have a car who can't even get warm in winter if you mostly drive short trips. I also like Ford Focus visually (exterior and interior) compared to more ordinary Chevy Cruse or even new Elantra. Mazda is also out of question for me - since it has too firm ride - that's for enthusiasts, but I like more comfortable ride. So I'm pretty much stuck with Focus - and I'm glad, but MFT issue really prevents me for now from settling on Titanium so far.

to gkirk - I agree manual stick is free from issues but I want DCT. I'm from Russia and almost all cars have manual sticks there. I'm so fed up with working out my left leg and constantly jerking this stick in traffic during my 14 years of driving in Russia, that I'm never ever gonna have manual. However, for those sport enthusiasts who wants that extra work - I can only envy you guys, raised and spoiled with automatics transmissions so much, that manual here (in North America) is considered something sporty and good I can never understand that.