View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 12:26 PM   #13
stainless_delorean
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 16570
What I Drive: 2- 2001 Ford Focuses, both ZX3's

FF Reputation: 18 stainless_delorean Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
FIRST, I want to thank Focus Fanatics for bailing me out of another jam.

I worked on getting the damn alternator out for 2 days. Found the thread that said to move the motor mount. Well, still couldn't get it, so I un-bolted the engine hoist loop and it slid right out of the top.

Well, getting it in has been a HUGE pain in the ass. I am on day number 2 when I found a link to this thread.

I will tell all of you this: WHEN YOU TAKE YOUR NEW ALTERNATOR OUT OF THE BOX, GRIND THE SPACER FOR THAT LOWER BOLT!!!

I'm not kidding. I have been prying, banging, loosening, reinstalling the damn thing for 2 more days. Guess what, did the grinding, and the thing fell RIGHT INTO PLACE!!!! DONE!!!

I will say the following:

This is the DUMBEST alternator install I have done in a LONG time. I will NEVER buy another car without looking at where parts are installed. I am sick and tired of wasting time and having to over think for what should be a simple in and out process. I guarantee I can now do this in under 2 hours, now that I know what I can take out, hammer flat, cut down, etc...

I can't wait to trade this damn thing.

But, for all you good Focus Fanatics, I definitely thank you for helping me get my commuter back on the road.