Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 11:24 AM   #1599
csvt2060
Focus Addict

Fan#: 84122
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Escape Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 csvt2060 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IH84DZ View Post
DFSO has been used for years. It isn't anything new and it is not the cause of the engine braking he described.

Perhaps Ford did make a bad choice to offer something that is so mickey mouse without dedicating a multi-million dollar ad campaign focused on why you may not like the vehicle they are trying to sell. Then again, perhaps not.

Apples to Oranges comparison here but have you ever seen a lambo with a DCT creep through traffic or be loaded on a trailer? If you think spending $20,000 on a car that behaves different than anything you've ever driven is hard to swallow imagine spending a quarter million.

I guess people like me just expect too much of our customers. Who am I to suggest they take initiative to investigate a product before they sign a 5 year note? Perhaps drive one for more than 5 miles? Speak with the service department regarding common issues?

I've always been shocked that some folks will walk into a dealer and spend more time working out options, colors and financing than they do what vehicle best suits their needs and expectations. From people who learn how to drive a stick in a brand new car to people who buy 1 ton dualy's for church commuters the expression "buyer beware" couldn't be more ambiguous!!!!
If you are really a technician, I surely wouldn't want you working on my vehicle with that attitude. No reason to attack someone that has a legitimate concern about the operation of their vehicle, especially when we know the new Focus has above average problems. I would imagine you don't speak this way to customers in person, becuase if so if your management is worth a darn they would show you the door.

And how do you know that DFSO isn't what he is describing without seeing or driving his car? How about trying to answer his questions instead of berate him? Yea, really good technician.