Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Engine vibration issue 02 150000 mi.
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 11:19 AM   #8
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 84572
What I Drive: focus

FF Reputation: 1 84572 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Sorry for being late on replying. I hurt my back and couldn't check the car out again until recently. I put it on stands and checked everything. Nothing that I can see is hitting anything. I thought maybe that I had left something loose, but no. I checked the crank pulley/balncer to see if the rubber had separated. It looked good. I cannot find what's causing the vibration. Desperate, maybe stupid question here: can the (dual mass) flywheel get out of balance? I hate taking my cars to a garage, but I've got to get this resolved. Does anyone have any ideas?

I'm thinking something is hitting somewhere. Because at times while driving the vibration goes away for an instant. Like something is shifted/moved and there's really no pattern to it. I've applied the e-brake and put a load on the drivetrain in both forward and reverse to see if the vibration changes with no luck. Sorry for rambling, just trying to give all the info. I can.