Old 10-10-2012, 01:19 AM   #1592
RFrench6646
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 101073
What I Drive: 2012 SEL Sonic Blue, Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 RFrench6646 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Originally Posted by JoeMcCrary
The dealership told me that the noises are normal to the car and transmission. They could find nothing wrong, and have driven others with the same noises. They did confirm that they heard the grinding and popping I mentioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimsFocus View Post
They told me the same thing. I wouldn't call it "normal" unless every Focus had the same grinding. I drove another new Focus at my dealer's request, there was no grinding. Many here on the forum also do not have the grinding.
I agree with Jim, My Focus has had the "shudder" issue, but has gotten much better. I never have heard any grinding or popping. I'm at 10K miles now, and just got my 2nd oil chg. My dealership service rep, and I were talking about these issues. He said that they have had several complaints on the tranny from other customers. and about half are legit. The ones that weren't were mainly programming issues. But the ones that are, have some sort of clutch damage, or seal leak. While he had mine in, I asked him to look over mine, and thankfully nothing looks out of whack. So Joe, you really need to press the issue. If it doesn't sound right, it's probably NOT! Good luck!