Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Ask a Ford salesman anything (Incentives, Inventory, etc)
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 04:21 PM   #1688
imccrea
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 85212
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus hatch SGM

FF Reputation: 6 imccrea Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by disturbed932 View Post

I'm looking for an ST w/ 202A (ST3), Moonroof, & Tangerine Scream Paint
MSRP - $29,525
X-PLAN Price - $28,741? According to Build and Price

I know that most dealers won't give in to holdback very often.

I'm just trying to find a solid starting price to start negotiations UP from, factoring in giving the dealer a FAIR 3-5% profit on the sale (they'll get much more from the LIEnance office and service departments.)

I've read as much as I can about the X-Plan pricing and know that it is a non-negotiable price as well as the capped $100 doc fee, which SHOULD be the only additional fee BESIDES the $275 ADMINISTRATION FEE for X-Plan before TTT. Right now, according to the X-Plan Build & Price website, it is $28,741, which is higher than what I calculate as.

When it comes down to it, I'm looking for 1) a solid number to start negotiations with that is BELOW X-PLAN that INCLUDES a FAIR DEALER PROFIT less Destination, 2) clarification on Holdback pricing for the ST according to the PDF link and 3) clarification on whether the fees listed on official invoices such as ADV ASSESSMENT and FUEL CHARGE are legitimate fees and should factored into calculating TRUE DEALER COST

I want to be confident in my numbers and want no run-around with dealers trying to include dealer markup, VIN etching, alarm installation, "dealer prep", "limited production".

P.S. Ira, my zip is 18848 for incentives, inventory, etc.
I cut out some of the meat on your post to make it easier to read. Don't be offended by this but many dealers around me are refusing X plan on ST's so I wouldn't see you being able to negotiate a number below that at all. Regular Focus all day but not an ST, at least not yet.

Your link is from our order guides, you are correct on X plan caps on Dealer fees, etc. I wish I could say your link is 100% true but it's not. From FMCdealer.com on the ST order guide there is no such thing as "Dealer Price".

Dealer invoice with holdback is the only option besides suggested retail. I'd be curious to see who made this document and why though. Our true cost on a vehicle is invoice less holdback. Dealers receive money from Technology Delivery allowances, F series incentives, etc but typically that money is put into the dealership, never into a given vehicle.

With regard to fees listed on invoices, that is from Ford not from the dealership so you will be paying those. That actually cuts out of our profit as it gets charged to the invoice cost but not the MSRP cost so it cuts my profit by $1,000+ on each car.

Funny you also mention fair profit of 3-5%, I wish more customers thought that way. 3-5% would almost put a ST2 Focus at MSRP for what I get paid off. Our margins really aren't that big anymore.
Ira McCrea
Phone: 970-667-2220
E-mail: iram@loveford.com