Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - 2012 Ford Focus, Quality Job None!!!
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 04:14 PM   #24
unfocused1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95246
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Blue Ford Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 2 unfocused1 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by funktional View Post
Why not sell it privately? Used car prices are ridiculous and are only going to get worse as new car sales improve and manufacturers offer fewer incentives to sell new cars.

I didn't buy a new Focus when my old one was totaled based on what I've read here about the latest model. I hope Ford steps up and helps you guys out, this really is a beautiful car (Latest get Focus), it's a shame that reliability isn't up to par.
From my perspective (YMMV), only that transmission noise is anything to worry about. Ford says it is normal but part of me still thinks it isn't, mostly due to what others have reported... and the ESPs not covering the clutches (part of the transmission). The latter is a yellow flag that suggests the noises we hear are indeed abnormal... Why would Ford otherwise not stand behind its automobile design and not cover one of the components therein? Especially something as major as any part of the transmission? (Again, other people who had problems DID get good customer service, with one or two reporting total transmission replacements, so I'm not going to worry regardless...)

And, yes, it is otherwise a perfect car. (Okay, I don't have MFT, but I wouldn't want it...) I still baby mine and I've almost had it a year. If it's just a transmission quirk, no problem. I hate conspiracy theories anyhow...