Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Fog Light Installation - S Model (with Pics)
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 04:01 PM   #46
Chaddz3
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96992
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus S Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 17 Chaddz3 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
The reason there is no fuse 75, is because the S model's Body Control Module does not support foglights.. none of the fog light circuit is present in that specific BCM, which also means you would not be able to use the factory fog lamp button in the headlight switch...

In order to get the fog lights to work, you would have to replace the original BCM with the one configured to work with fog lamps and replace the headlight switch to one with the fog lamp button...

The only other option is to use a toggle switch and build a stand alone fog lamp circuit driven off of both the igniton and parking lamps circuit using relays. (like I outlined in my instructions above. Posts 18 and 19..)... I do NOT recommend driving the fog lights directly off of the parking light circuit as this may overload and damage the parking light circuit in the BCM, requiring its replacement. Also running just off the parking light circuit will turn the fog lights on whenever the parking lights are on (such as when one of the doors or trunk opens, or when unlocking the car with the keyless entry.