Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Think I figured out the shuddering when starting from a stop...can't believe it
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 01:43 PM   #186
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

FF Reputation: 10 PratoN Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by narkotskyb View Post
Well there is always a way to fight infowars if Ford's 'expected limits' are colliding with normal reality so much. FB group 'I hate Ford Focus' Twitter #buybackDCT let your imagination fly. This is like Apple's 'AntennaGate' - but you can't 'hold' car differently.
I was thinking of convincing people on the lot not to buy Foci. Have them drive my car, then let them decide for themselves. Or park my car in front of the dealership with a sign that said "America's worst drive train!" or something of the sort. But I reckon it might get me shot... I could rent a billboard...?

It seems kind of rude / selfish - but what else am I supposed to do? Use all of my vacation days driving dealer-to-dealer across the country until one of them says they'll accept my warranty claim?

Even if I do eventually get it fixed, I can't say that I'll ever buy another Ford again. It makes me mad because the car drives so well and I love most aspects of it (aside from the DCT/ice blender combo, MFT and my interior rattling) but if I have to jump through this many hoops to get warranty repair work done on my car, I'll shop elsewhere.