Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Focus central coil overs and 4 lower rear arms
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 11:35 AM   #30
ChrisRobin
Focus Addict

Fan#: 46204
What I Drive: 04 silver SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 4 ChrisRobin Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Hope he doesn't mind, but I can help until fociboy03 gets back on here. I have a full set of these on my SVT and they've been on now for a couple of years. No issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by focusmaniaczx3 View Post
how hard are they to get to to adjust and how hard is it to turn? can you just lay next to a wheel and get a hand in there to them or do you have to jack the car up and pull the wheel and then get in there and really man handle it with both hands?
They're easy to adjust. For the fronts, you can simply lift the car. As the suspension decompresses with the wheel on, you can use one hand to turn the spring collar. No tools needed and they don't loosen on their own. For the rears, you have to remove the wheel to get to them. Put something on the threads of the sleeves so they don't seize. Their aluminum. My left rear doesn't move. I have to take it all apart and clean it sooner or later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarderSauce
1. Will they work on an '08 with the massive omni kit?
2. If they will work, will I need to change the springs? Can't remember where I saw it but I thought the springs from 1st gen and 2nd gen were different.
3. Also wondering how hard it is to make the adjustment as asked above.
4. Pretty sure the rear ends on our cars are the same but JUST IN CASE, will the 4 lower rear arms work on an '08?
5. Besides getting everything listed, Would I need anything else to install (pending the answer to question 1 is yes) Excluding the Massive Omnit Kit?
1. The fronts should fit with the omni kit. The rears are standard from 2000 to 2007 I think.
2. No need to change the springs as the springs you're getting in this kit are aftermarket coilover springs that are completely different from what comes on your car stock. The front springs in this kit will fit into upper spring collars that fit into your standard upper strut mount with the three bolts. Super easy.
3. For adjustments, read above.
4. Not sure about the arms he's selling. I don't have those on my car. Fociboy03 will have to chime in.
5. Nope, shouldn't need anything other than some time, beer and tools.