feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88210
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 7 feta_mgp Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by riparke View Post
Did some test this past weekend, 4hr drive at 70 mph on I 29, 50 degrees outside, overcast (no sunshine, so no heating of dash), control set to cold as far as it will go without triggering AC, air directed to floor.
Results 68 to 70 degrees at drivers floor vent (18 to 20 above outside temp)
Dealer said this is normal, contacted Ford and did a AC temp check for this against another Focus. When I had dropped the car off in the morning they said they saw the problem, but by end of day, no problem. Told me they checked the blend door by eyeball with a flashlight. I looked under the dash from both side and can't see sh_t of any flap or door. I have the manual temp controls and think I'm being told bullsh_t.
Wait wait wait... you're adjusting the dial as far as it will go WITHOUT pressing AC on...?

What are we missing here? Just having the fans on without turning on the AC isn't going to result in cold air... I don't understand your issue here.
Sonic Crew #28