Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - DCT / PowerShift Transmission Update TSB Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 08:32 AM   #1642
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_agar View Post
I had the transission update a week ago and it was definitely an improvement in most aspects of shifting. However, now whenever I put the car in park it jumps forward a bit after 2 seconds everytime I park the car, no matter if the car is on flat ground or a hill. When I am driving and stopped on a hill and go forward the ABS definitely is controlling the brake pedal, as when I release it, it releases a few miroseconds after me and I can feel it in while I am releasing the brake pedal. Anybody else notice these changes after having the update done.???
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigertiger View Post
Mine also does this. It started after the transmission software update and still does it after they replaced the seals and clutch. Whether it is supposed to do this or not, I can't say.
Hey folks,

I'd suggest reaching out to your Service Departments and fill them in on what you're experiencing. They'll be able to tell you if this is normal function or not and give you a little peace of mind.

As always, feel free to reach out to me via PM if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Thanks,
Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford