Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - ST pics and test drive
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 09:07 PM   #25
tech10002
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 104134
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Blue SE Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 tech10002 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
I've driven the 2013 Mustang GT 5.0 L automatic as well as the Focus ST. The Mustang had the manual Recaro seats. I don't know if they weren't height adjustable or they didn't give us enough time to play with them to tweak it correctly, but I found the driving position to be a bit awkward given the seating position being quite low, and the cowl being quite high. Since both cars were locked down with their mykey speed limiters enabled at 80 the Mustang couldn't get away from the ST on the course they set up either. It could be that people were being too timid with the Mustang, but I enjoyed driving the ST more then. Now had they allowed us to drive the 6MT Mustang it might have been different, if it had a power driver seat that could be easily adjusted it might have not been as underwhelming. I was more excited by the 3.7L convertible or coupe I drove last year.
I have a 2012 6MT Mustang GT and have driven the ST. The ST is a great car, and I'd love to have one as my commuter car instead of my SE hatch, but the ST doesn't have a prayer of hanging with a Coyote powered Mustang, even in automatic form. The automatic runs sub 5 second 0-60s all day long, so there must have been some issue with that one. Or possibly the people driving it weren't familiar with powerful rear drive cars and were just babying it. Try out the regular seats in a GT premium. They're adjustable in every way you can imagine and are very comfortable. My Mustang is actually more comfortable than my Focus, seat wise.