Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - DCT over revving, car not accelerating. Dangerous
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 06:12 PM   #42
jellybean
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 93883
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey Titanium

FF Reputation: 0 jellybean Newbie
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
So where do we go from here. I have taken the car to the dealer. They could not replicate the issue. I have contacted Ford Customer Service and they told me to monitor the car. For what. The problem has occured. Am I supposed to wait until, heaven forbid, it happens again, on a busy freeway.

Again, here is the problem. The car went into neutral at 40mph. It would not go into "S" and was slipping when I tried to pull off. I could only solve the issue by turning off the car and back on again. What would have happened if this occured on the freeway? Does Ford think this is safe and a non-issue that they are not going to do anything until something bad happens. Of course they could not replicate the issue. It only happened once after 16000 miles.

The other issue is the egg beating sound when shifting from 1-2. The dealer gave me a piece of paper to read about green clutches. This clutch is no longer green and the document also states the noise is a clicking sound when the gears change. The grinding noise should diminish it says. Well it has not

I would honestly like to know how they can ignore ALL the DCT complaints that are going on with this car. The board is monitored by Ford Customer Service and yet all that happens is you get assigned a case number.

Ford Customer Service did contact me, but like I said: I was just told to monitor the car....

Bottom line.....Is it so hard for someone to go the extra mile...take these cars with all these issues and use your R&D to figure out what is going on instead of asking customers to just "deal with it"....and hopefully solve the issue with a better product and most importantly, HAPPY CUSTOMERS. After all, without us, you are out of business.....