Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - New owner - wondering if any of these issues are common/worth taking to my local dealer
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 03:56 PM   #19
pablo94sc
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 104464
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue SE Sport 5dr (5spd)

FF Reputation: 1 pablo94sc Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tech10002 View Post
Hey Pablo, I almost bought your car a couple weeks ago. LOL They sent me pictures of it and refused to give any money off for the bumper scuff, so I ended up buying the exact same spec car new in Nashville, just Candy Blue instead of Kona. Kona is really nice looking on the Focus.

For the rattle, I just stuck a piece of foam under the headliner right behind the sunroof. The rattle went away. My car is brand new and was just built a few months ago and rattled. I think the adhesive doesn't bond properly from the factory.

Mine also has the rough idle when the A/C is off. I've read there's a TSB that includes a reflash that increases the idle speed, so you might want to look into that. I'm gonna address mine at my first oil change.
Small world, and congrats on the new car! I love mine, just want to get these little things fixed.

Edit: I thought about fixing things like the headliner myself, but I wanted a car with a warranty for a reason. I've done too many repairs and rebuilt a lot of project cars in my 20 years of driving... it's time to let someone else do the work for me. :D