feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88210
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 7 feta_mgp Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixSpeeder View Post
I went on a short run to the grocery store last night and when I was getting ready to leave to head back home, I turned on the car and the stereo decided it would be a good a idea to turn the volume up full blast and only come out of the right front speaker. After trying to adjust the volume and the fade/balance to no avail, I shut the car off and opened my door so that the stereo would fully shut down. I let it sit for a minute figuring it was just your typical MFT/Sync brain-fart. When I turned the car back on, it was still blasting at full volume. I then tried the factory reset option, but that didn't work either. I was able, however, to flip the source over to A/V for no sound.

This morning, I got into my car to head to work (a 1 hour drive into Los Angeles w/o raido = no bueno) and figured I would try to flipping back over to my FM presets to see if the problem magically fixed itself. Abra-ka-fricking-dabra it was back to normal.

IdunnoWTF happened. I've never heard of this problem from all my lurking here. Perhaps I missed a post or two somewhere.

I am still taking my car in today to get its first service done and to have them check out some suspension creak coming from the front. I'll be sure to bring this issue up, although I have serious doubts they'll actually acknowledge my complaint.
This issue actually is pretty well documented. It's happened to several members on here with MFT. This one is a lot less frequent though and tough to explain.
Sonic Crew #28