Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Transmission Shaking To/From 1st Gear
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 12:02 PM   #125
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 3,284, Level 35
Points: 3,284, Level: 35 Points: 3,284, Level: 35 Points: 3,284, Level: 35
Level Up 56% Completed
Level up: 56% Level up: 56% Level up: 56%
Forum Activity 18%
Activity: 18% Activity: 18% Activity: 18%
FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by blwilson103 View Post
Well after 2000 or so miles the seals are out again. I have owned fords all of my life and have never had the trouble this car has had. My wife drives a 08 galant 150k miles no problems, buddy has a Cruze bought 1 year before mine no problems. I have had this car for 4 months, 2 clutches, new struts, and new windshield...
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigertiger View Post
...Bad news: Dealer had car for four days and did not do anything about clunking front driver side strut. When I asked service advisor why, he said, "Well, I just got back from vacation, let me see . . . ." Then proceeded to say that they thought the clunking sound I mentioned was from the trans and shifting. I pointed out my note when I scheduled the appt. online specifically said it was coming from the strut...
Hi blwilson103 and tigertiger,

I'm happy to step in and assist; send me a PM with your VIN, dealer, mileage, and daytime phone number. I'll get your regional Customer Service Managers involved so they can work on a resolution for your concerns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPEW584 View Post
I mentioned the issue to my dealer a couple days ago and they said that this is a known issue with no official fix yet. I don't buy it. I'll be bringing TSB 11-12-13 to their attention on my next visit; too bad I didn't know about it then...
Hi BPEW584,

I would advise that you get in touch with the Ford of Canada Customer Relationship Centre. They'll be in the best position to assist you. You can reach them at 1-800-565-3673.

Thanks,
Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply

Last edited by FordService; 10-12-2012 at 11:31 AM.