Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Transmission/Clutch Slipping (OBD2 Plots)
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 09:56 AM   #8
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul21 View Post
So I hooked up my OBD2 and logged some data earlier today. The blue is speed and the red is Speed/RPM ratio. Ideally it should stair step with each gear unless there is slipping going on (which I highly suspect). I've got a 5/11/11 build, with a lot of issues...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Drew View Post
...I spend a lot of time in my work parking lot and at low speeds too, and it really seems to smooth out at 15mph, below that it's real jerky. I just attributed it to how few miles I have on the car (less than 1000).
Quote:
Originally Posted by smizak View Post
Nice work. I am so taking this to the dealer with me if they tell me again that they can't find anything physically wrong, yet still acknowledge the grinding and slippage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan50 View Post
I suspect mine is doing the same thing. Ford's DCT literature talks about "microslip" technology where some clutch slippage is allowed or induced to make the experience smoother. So the debate could be whether this degree of slippage is a feature or a bug.

Dealers can hook a recording device to the OBD port. Much like a heart monitor, if an irregularity is noted during a test drive pushing a button will preserve that data. This is the next step for my car; armed with your data maybe you could suggest the same to your dealer.
Hi everyone,

Remember that I'm here to help; if your vehicle is exhibiting transmission/clutch slipping, I want to see how I can help. Please send me a PM with some background on what you've been experiencing, your VIN, dealer, mileage, and a good daytime contact number. I'll start researching.

Thanks!
Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford