Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Transmission/Clutch Slipping (OBD2 Plots)
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 10:50 AM  
raptor1956
Focus Addict

Fan#: 97725
What I Drive: 2012, Sonic Blue, Focus Titanium

Points 4,149, Level 40
Points: 4,149, Level: 40 Points: 4,149, Level: 40 Points: 4,149, Level: 40
Level Up 99% Completed
Level up: 99% Level up: 99% Level up: 99%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 1 raptor1956 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
This is very good work and information -- I think everyone should have an OBDII dongle and software to log the data. Torque is a great peice of software for Android devices and if the dongle outputs in blutooth or wifi most any Androi phone or tablet should read/log with no problems.

When in select shift manual the ratio off engine rpm to car speed should be constant in a given gear unless there is slippage. There can be slippage with slippery roads, of course, but if the roads and conditions are good the only explanation for slippage is the clutches are slipping. And no, that is NOT how they supposed to work except during the take-off from a stop. If you're cruising along at, say, 55mph in 6th the rpm should be about 2060 give or take a bit so if it's sitting at, say 2060 rpm and then you hit a hill that puts more load on the car and the rpm increases even though the cars speed stays the same or decreases there can be but one explanation -- clutch slippage!

Really folks, if you are having this DCT problem it would be a very good idea to either buy an OBDII dongle or borrow one so that you can record data and show them. If that doesn't work perhaps you could contact a lawyer and I can pretty much guarantee that if the dealership receives a certified letter on a lawyers letterhead that references this data the dealer will not easily ignore that!

Brian