Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Possible fix for automatic wipers?
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 09:36 AM   #17
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 3,148, Level 34
Points: 3,148, Level: 34 Points: 3,148, Level: 34 Points: 3,148, Level: 34
Level Up 66% Completed
Level up: 66% Level up: 66% Level up: 66%
Forum Activity 15%
Activity: 15% Activity: 15% Activity: 15%
FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul21 View Post
Mine don't work like they're supposed to. I might just disconnect the sensor and go manual, the system fails over so you can choose.
Quote:
Originally Posted by feta_mgp View Post
So I've been wondering, with all the parts that the Focus and Escape now share interior-wise... is it possible they share the rain-sensor as well? I know that folks have mentioned the Escape auto-wipers work like they're supposed to, and we all know the Focus certainly doesn't all the time...
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1st Ford View Post
Ok - this is my first Ford and I was really looking forward to some of the features of the Focus. While the "auto wipers" wasn't necessarily one of them I thought it was a bonus. To date I would rate mine (10 months now) as poor in operation. Mine tend to work ok for a few minutes then stop...]
Hey gang,

Those of you who are having problems with your windshield wipers should make an appointment at your dealership so they can diagnose and repair. I'm happy to loop in your regional Customer Service Managers as well; just shoot me a PM with your VIN, dealer, mileage, and daytime phone number. I'll get the ball rolling!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbot45 View Post
If you take off the cover behind the rain sensor and unplug the sensor, the wipers will work as standard intermittents. This my third straight car with auto wipers and this car has the worst amongst them...
Quote:
Originally Posted by oritpro View Post
+REP

I just tried this and confirmed that it does work.
Thanks for bringing up this possible solution as well. Group effort for the win!

-Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply