FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerStriker View Post
So, its been a few months since I first starting having this problem, and I'm still having it...
Hi HammerStriker,

I want to do some research and see how I can help. Drop me a line via PM with your VIN, preferred servicing dealer, mileage, and daytime phone number. I'll start investigating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodge Podge View Post
...Last time I saw something comparable was in a truck that had thrown the belt on the water pump (ZERO water circulation and no cooling fan). Think this can be partially ruled out in your case though...So my question/suggestion is, when the overheat light comes on, does your fan sound like a tornado in a trailer park? It should still be at max if the gauge is anywhere above normal, and if not, that may be your culprit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by unfocused1 View Post
If they replaced the sensors, then anything that remains should be checked out. Regardless of probability. Including the engine...
Quote:
Originally Posted by joninsd84 View Post
I had high temp warning too. It turned out it was faulty fan. The fan would switch on only when my coolant temp needle hit red line, however turn off as soon as it falls below the red line...
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbenney View Post
this car is not overheating IMO. If it was I doubt it would still be running. This seems to be an electrical issue. I have never seen an engine in the red come down once its there. When the temp gauge goes to the red, does it run any differently? is there a bubbling sound coming from the coolant reservoir? Is any coolant coming out the overflow tube? Any abnormal steam, sounds, smells or car actions(other than gauge)?...
Quote:
Originally Posted by SulavT View Post
I had a same exact problem, getting the Engine Temp High, Stop Safely signal, I went to the dealership and problem was somebody left the degas valve lose while changing the oil...
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhiaFan View Post
Might be worth checking if there is problem with the Active Grille Shutters

Thanks for chiming in with helpful suggestions, guys! The more information, the better.

Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford