Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - focus leans while driving
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 10:06 AM   #35
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 3,219, Level 35
Points: 3,219, Level: 35 Points: 3,219, Level: 35 Points: 3,219, Level: 35
Level Up 13% Completed
Level up: 13% Level up: 13% Level up: 13%
Forum Activity 22%
Activity: 22% Activity: 22% Activity: 22%
FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgmfocus View Post
... I have an SE sedan(03/2011 build) with 8,000 miles has a few suspension steering issues while driving car will occasionally shift/lean(not related to road conditions) towards passenger side front (car physically lowers on passenger side an inch or more) it will stay that way awhile then levels out; steering also pulls to right while its happening then car gradually returns to normal .also have a vibration/pull in steering wheel/wheels when starting from stop/or applying brakes quickly,clunk in suspension that many people have,almost impossible to drive when windy car all over the road...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Some Guy From NY View Post
I actually think I have the same issue...

steering rack was replaced in the beginning of September.

It pulls to the right just the slightest bit when driving...but not all the time. It is hard to duplicate because while driving on the same road numerous times it may or may not happen...
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe77 View Post
Hey SomeGuyfromNY, i forgot to mention in my PM, I too have a slight pull to the right when braking hard, which never had before.
Hi sgmfocus, Some Guy From NY, and joe77,

I'd like to escalate each of your cases to your regional Customer Service Managers. Please reach out to me via PM with your VIN, mileage, preferred servicing dealer, and daytime phone number; I'll get on the case!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe77 View Post
tell me about...lets see if Crystal looks into this. I want my old steering back. Had i test driven this car with the current new steering rack that I have now, i would not have purchased this car.
Here I am! And for everyone else in the thread - if you're experiencing this same issue, please give me a heads up via PM; I want to see how I can help.

Thanks everyone,
Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply