Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - pipe under thermostat housing?
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 08:26 AM  
Focus Fanatic
TerryB's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2006
Fan#: 34559
Location: Riverside, RI
What I Drive: Red '01 ZX3

Posts: 2,917
FF Reputation: 68 TerryB Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
That is the PCV hose. The pipe under the t-stat housing is metal. The front has an elbow to the PCV valve. The back hose goes to the intake manifold. The back one gets replaced quite often on the Zetec. They tend to collapse or tear at the elbow into the intake manifold. Here is the newer Ford replacement.
TerryB is offline  
Reply With Quote