Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - High Temperature Warning
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 08:38 AM   #33
HammerStriker
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86553
What I Drive: 2012 Ignot Silver Hatchback SEL

FF Reputation: 1 HammerStriker Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Thanks for the reply's.

Just to clear things up... My car runs perfect. No problems what so ever, even when I get this spike. No burning smell, no weird noises, no heat if I turn off the A/C. I do get an ozone smell from the A/C, but this always happens when I idle for a bit.

Last time I took my car in, the dealership told me they replaced some items, but when I questioned them further they admitted they didn't do anything. It seems they had some ideas what the problem was, but couldn't replace anything since they couldn't replicate the warning. I was pissed to say the least. Then they tried to charge me for a week of a rental car since they couldn't charge anything to Ford.

I like the idea of a faulty fan, it makes the most sense. I'm going to try my luck with a different dealer (benefits of living in a big city), and see if they can reproduce the over temp.

Can a dealer charge Ford for repairs based off of my video, or do they have to do it in their shop?