Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Focus "More Door" - Cleaned in Progress...
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 06:57 PM   #78
JonD13
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88676
What I Drive: 2001, Aquafrost Focus 1.6 Zetec

FF Reputation: 3 JonD13 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Well, its been a little while since I did a proper update. So, I finally have one.

These black leather rear seats were on eBay with no bids and not a lot of time left. I actually forgot about them myself until 5 minutes before they finished, realised no-one had still bidded on them so chucked in a 10 max bid. The timer ended, and RESULT! I won them...for 99p. Yes, that isn't a typo...I won these seats for 99p (which is about $1.60)

So I immediately e-mailed the seller to find out what would happen with shipping/payment etc. (expecting the seller would back out or demand more). To my surprise, she e-mailed me back the following morning to arrange collection. She lives in North Wales and was working in Hereford on the Friday of that week so actually brought them to work with her so I could collect them, saving me an extra hours journey and a shit-load more in petrol. She was a really nice lady to be fair and was glad to get rid of them. WINNER :D

In the car after collection:

At home to inspect their condition (to which they are mint. No rips/tears/or even any scuffs)

And the next day, after about 2 hours (including going to buy a new screw bit) I fitted them :)

Now on the lookout for a set of fronts. I've got some in mind and watching a set at the moment. Some people know what I'm looking at but for those who don't, you'll have to wait and see (and they're not going to be normal Focus seats ;))

I also had a nice 2 weeks off last week so decided to go and practice my photography with a day and night shoot (please excuse the day pics as the car was filthy, cleaned up for the evening)

Some of you may also notice that I've removed the sticker stack on the back and only left the one JimmyUp sticker. The front stickers will also be going as soon as I get a chance :)

I was also planning to do a change in the interior colour scheme from the black and orange to a new theme for next year, however when I explained this to the parents, they kinda told me about what they'd bought me for Christmas...something I'd designed and showed them a while back. So, for this reason the black and orange is staying :D

So, that's it for now.

Jon