Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - "Winterize" brake rotors.
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 05:28 PM   #18
sleepyboy
FF's Night Security

Fan#: 15335
What I Drive: 01' Yellow ZX3 euro, 04' ZX5 SVT

Points 133,173, Level 100
Points: 133,173, Level: 100 Points: 133,173, Level: 100 Points: 133,173, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 79%
Activity: 79% Activity: 79% Activity: 79%
FF Reputation: 48 sleepyboy Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IH84DZ View Post
Suggestions of spraying paint, latex or oil on a braking surface..... Holy God help us all. This is why private people shouldn't be allowed to work on certain systems...like brakes!

I don't care how many times you've gotten away with it. I've gotten away with stupid shit too but that doesn't mean it wasn't stupid dangerous shit. Brakes work by friction. Any foreign material reduces this friction. You share the road with other people. Mmmkay?
I totally and 100% agree with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fattie View Post
car isnt going to be driven , you make no sense. fail

But the car will be driven it's pulled out of storage and he makes perfect sense on what he is saying. Can't get a any simpler than this. Really don't put anything on them, it's just bad bad bad IMO. If your really concerned just google car "what should you do to store a car" and where ever you look I'm certain it won't say anything about putting stuff on the brakes. If you find something that does then please post it here.

Hatch Nation #15 (Ole' Yeller') & #150 (The SVT)
Moderator for
Technical Chat
Zetec Performance Chat
Southern Fanatics Chat