Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Direct Ford interaction with customer orders?
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 04:26 PM   #4
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

Points 9,579, Level 65
Points: 9,579, Level: 65 Points: 9,579, Level: 65 Points: 9,579, Level: 65
Level Up 77% Completed
Level up: 77% Level up: 77% Level up: 77%
Forum Activity 31%
Activity: 31% Activity: 31% Activity: 31%
FF Reputation: 24 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lddavis View Post
I got a copy of my DORA today. The sales guy mentioned that Ford would be contacting me directly about the order, and as it put it "communicate with you quite a bit". Not that I mind, but it's the first time I'd heard of such a thing. Should I expect Ford to call/email me about the car, and keep me informed of its progress?

(I suspect this might have been an SVT perk, as most of my local dealers are still a bit confused in thinking a Focus ST is as rare and special as, say, the Mustang GT500 or a GT40. For the latter, sure, I could see that.)

One thing I would expect that I haven't seen a reference to is a web site to check on the order status. There ought to be a Ford URL that will fill in the VIN, build dates, shipping status, and all that sort of thing, as the order progresses. Anyone have a link to a status page?
There is no publicly available link to follow the order and build status of the vehicle. They have internal services for the dealers and ford internally to track the vehicle, but you have to work for the company or have access to the system.