Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Nothing but problems pt2
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 10:52 AM   #86
unfocused1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95246
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Blue Ford Focus SEL

Points 986, Level 16
Points: 986, Level: 16 Points: 986, Level: 16 Points: 986, Level: 16
Level Up 86% Completed
Level up: 86% Level up: 86% Level up: 86%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 2 unfocused1 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb457 View Post
I am with you,,,, I really like my Focus(expcept trans issue) but think Ford should step up like Honda & VW did years back and warranty trans for 100k miles unlimted years if they feel confident in the product,,,,MJB
If Ford has confidence in their own automobiles as designed and released to paying customers, and if Ford appreciates customers, such a warranty would only ensure confidence and loyalty.

Still, the next time there's a perceived problem with the domestic auto industry, a politician need only drum up some jingoism to get people to "buy American", even if the cars themselves are increasingly made everywhere else but merely sold here... The concept "vote with you wallet" only works when there's no competitor so large that a handful of people not voting with their wallet will make no difference, and doubly so when said company takes taxpayer-funded subsidy (corporate welfare, not bailouts, TARP, Operation Twist, etc, etc, etc...) In our "free market", there is no large company that is not taking money to line the CxO's pockets with... please forgive my cynicism, I have not yet had a chance to drink my quart of coffee today...