Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Think I figured out the shuddering when starting from a stop...can't believe it
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 10:54 PM   #150
Focus YBTC
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97107
What I Drive: 2012 Yellow Blaze Tri-Coat Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Focus YBTC Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFuzzyArchon View Post
turning off TC 100% makes car smoother. Most noticeable when letting off gas, coasting, and then getting back on the gas. Smooth as can be. It still has other quirks but I am still going to be turning off TC now when I get in my car.
I tried turning TCS off for about 20 miles of suburban traffic driving today and about 80 miles of mostly highway + some streets driving on Thursday. There's definitely a difference in feel. Thursday I could sense a difference but couldn't really put my finger on what it was exactly. Today though my car felt like it has better throttle response with the TCS off. There was none of the occasional slight bogging I get after a period of driving gingerly for max MPGs and it just ran and shifted real well. Of course my engine/car running better today could be partly the result of the cool, dense humid air as it had been raining a bit today and the temps. were in the low 50s F. On Thursday it was much warmer, drier and sunnier. Continuing experiments tomorrow.