Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - DCT Complaints Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 09:27 PM   #127
Sprint
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 87069
What I Drive: 2012, Black, Focus Titanium Sedan

Points 127, Level 2
Points: 127, Level: 2 Points: 127, Level: 2 Points: 127, Level: 2
Level Up 54% Completed
Level up: 54% Level up: 54% Level up: 54%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 Sprint Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by unfocused1 View Post
It's depressing that a company trying to keep a reputation of "quality" let something like this be avoided and evaded, wouldn't you say?

All I know is, if I ran a company I'd manage it to ensure something good went out the door, and provided warranty options that covered all components. If I had to subcontract, I would hold them responsible for their issues as well. Since branding is everything and being a larger company doesn't give out a carte blanche...

Having said that, since that's a basic generalization, I've read enough to feel very comfy with Ford - they have replaced transmissions as needed and did not charge the customer.

if something big happens, I do think Ford would do the right things. I just hope nobody dies because of a design flaw that was pushed out the door, one seemingly small but built up over time...
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdetzel View Post
Problem is I can't afford to get rid of the car. It would probably cost me 5 grand to bail out of this thing now. So I am stuck with keeping my fingers crossed that it doesn't wind up costing out of pocket the price of a clutch or transmission. Or what ever it is, we will find out when Ford figures it out.

Also, I like the car. Right now at 3200 miles mine is working pretty well. I have experienced most of the issues that have been posted. Except the one where the clutch seems to just disengage for no reason.

I get a little bump or jerk or shudder when I take off. It is akin to letting my foot out on a clutch pedal. Most of the time it shifts like it should. So I'll just keep on whistling in the dark.
I hear ya but we're already taking the financial hit since many looking to buy a used Focus will read this forum (+ other references) and offer less due to this issue regardless of it's overall affect on the lifespan of the transmission. Your equity is already reduced (though talking about equity with cars is silly to start with since they are largely a waste of $ (buy a 10 yr old civic for 5k$ every 2 yrs and you'll likely be farther ahead in the lomg run)). I love my fully loaded Ti but I'm paying the price. Knowing what I know now I should have waited a bit and bought a 13 Fusion - oh well - hind site is 20-20 eh!