Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - AEM...worst or maybe best
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 07:44 PM   #7
Benchpress260
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 98546
What I Drive: 2013 Oxford White Focus ST

Points 126, Level 2
Points: 126, Level: 2 Points: 126, Level: 2 Points: 126, Level: 2
Level Up 52% Completed
Level up: 52% Level up: 52% Level up: 52%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 Benchpress260 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwill9886 View Post
I believe someone or a few people in those threads said AEM admitted that those numbers are not correct. Don't remember what they said regarding correcting what they have posted.
I looked through both those threads with a fine tooth comb and didn't see it in there. I only saw where one person, just like me, had speculated that the numbers were off. Now, what would be very interesting is if AEM actually admitted it but still left the low numbers on their website. Can anyone actually confirm that AEM said that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwill9886 View Post
Also, if you searched, you'd find a few people have modified the side grill and routed tubing from the stock airbox to it. One would assume the AEM could benefit from this as well..
I realize people hack these grills up for the "stock" airbox. I'm looking for some feedback on how folks think this mod would work for the "AEM" unit since the actual filter would now be so close to the modded grill and might introduce some water issues. I'm not necessarily concerned with hydrolock...think that would be highly unlikely. But I would be concerned with the filter constantly being exposed to moisture. Thoughts?

Last edited by Benchpress260; 10-07-2012 at 11:31 PM.