Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - DCT Complaints Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 07:44 PM   #125
jdetzel
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 102548
What I Drive: 2012 White Titanium Hatchback

Points 166, Level 3
Points: 166, Level: 3 Points: 166, Level: 3 Points: 166, Level: 3
Level Up 32% Completed
Level up: 32% Level up: 32% Level up: 32%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 1 jdetzel Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Whistling in the dark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprint View Post
This discussion is just endless.

Bottom line - what's the worst case scenario (ie possible future repair costs) and can you live with it. If yes, take your chances, otherwise sell the car. From what I've seen here, Ford will avoid/evade until more serious issues start occurring.

Problem is I can't afford to get rid of the car. It would probably cost me 5 grand to bail out of this thing now. So I am stuck with keeping my fingers crossed that it doesn't wind up costing out of pocket the price of a clutch or transmission. Or what ever it is, we will find out when Ford figures it out.

Also, I like the car. Right now at 3200 miles mine is working pretty well. I have experienced most of the issues that have been posted. Except the one where the clutch seems to just disengage for no reason.

I get a little bump or jerk or shudder when I take off. It is akin to letting my foot out on a clutch pedal. Most of the time it shifts like it should. So I'll just keep on whistling in the dark.