Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95246
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Blue Ford Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 unfocused1 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprint View Post
This discussion is just endless.

Bottom line - what's the worst case scenario (ie possible future repair costs) and can you live with it. If yes, take your chances, otherwise sell the car. From what I've seen here, Ford will avoid/evade until more serious issues start occurring.
It's depressing that a company trying to keep a reputation of "quality" let something like this be avoided and evaded, wouldn't you say?

All I know is, if I ran a company I'd manage it to ensure something good went out the door, and provided warranty options that covered all components. If I had to subcontract, I would hold them responsible for their issues as well. Since branding is everything and being a larger company doesn't give out a carte blanche...

Having said that, since that's a basic generalization, I've read enough to feel very comfy with Ford - they have replaced transmissions as needed and did not charge the customer.

if something big happens, I do think Ford would do the right things. I just hope nobody dies because of a design flaw that was pushed out the door, one seemingly small but built up over time...