Old 10-06-2012, 04:05 PM   #1
MC1992
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90417
What I Drive: '95 Volvo 850 Turbo/'12 Focus Sport

FF Reputation: 1 MC1992 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Windshield Molding Clip Rail

Just wondering if the plastic clip railing under the rubber windshield molding on the A pillar on the driver side needs the windshield remove in order to get it replace. Reason I'm asking is because my car was hailed earlier and was at the shop to get it fix. One of the repairs done was the rubber molding running along the windshield of the A pillar on the driver side that was beaten up. The guy pulled the molding straight up and broke a few clips. I later found out that it was best to slide and lift than to directly lift which caused the clips to get broken because it seemed a bit loose when I got home in which I tried to straighten out. They are made of very (VERY) thin plastic. I told the repair guy and he said he'll order a new one. But my main concern after I got back home and examine it bit closer is this thin plastic clip railing seems to be slide and tucked under the windshield's edge. So now I'm wondering if that's the case will he need to remove the windshield? If it's too much work and I frankly don't want this car going back in for more repairs later, if I should just buy some trim adhesive or have them do that and glue it back on.