Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - focus leans while driving
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 04:06 PM   #12
Some Guy From NY
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 101517
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL sedan DCT

FF Reputation: 3 Some Guy From NY Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe77 View Post
Drove it a little more today...and same issue...pulls on hard acceleration and braking, besides the wandering on slightest road imperfection etc...I wish I had my old rack before the accident, steering was tight on highway, loose on parking/low speed and perfect. Very manageable.

What is the part# for your gear replaced?
my final order service stated - cv6z-3504-DE, I have a titanium with 17 inch wheels

Maybe it has to do something with the parts..I know there are 3 racks out there DE,CE and KE
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbenney View Post
the only problem i have is on roads with grooves in them that run perpendicular to the direction of travel. Sorry you guys are having these issues, my Focus is perfect, 0 issues.
as far as pull on hard braking or acceleration, that is normal on front wheel drives. My 2000 focus did it as did my 02 focus, 03 focus, 05 Malibu and my new 2012 SEL.

if pull on hard braking is excessive, there can be air in lines on one side, warped rotor, bad caliper... pretty much anything that would cause uneven pressure.

one more thing... how many miles do you guys have again? have you had yours struts inspected? if they have begun leaking and are not functioning properly they could cause some of this.
My steering rack is BV6Z-3504-KE.

I have not had my struts inspected/replaced. The braking pull once again happens intermittently, but more times than not.

This all started after I got my new rack...the only issue with the old one was the highway wander, which is now fixed...but Now I have to deal with the pull to the right.

I have ~7,200 miles.

This is infuriating.