Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - 2002 zts 5-speed will only go in reverse when engine is off????? Help?! Please.
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 02:45 PM   #1
Phillabust
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 104574
What I Drive: 2002 Gray ZTS

FF Reputation: 1 Phillabust Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
2002 zts 5-speed will only go in reverse when engine is off????? Help?! Please.

It started about a month ago... I turned on my car, and when I put it into reverse it took a lot of struggle, but I eventually got it in there. Then every day after that, it just got worse and worse and now it's impossible to get it into reverse when the car is on. I end up turning the engine off, putting it in reverse, then turning it back on just to get out of my driveway. That, or jumping out, pushing it, and jumping back in. A few weeks ago it would get better as the day went on, and after about a half hour of driving I could force it into reverse again, but now it won't work at all. Even after I've been driving it all day. And now 1st gear is doing the same thing.... it's a struggle to get it into 1st with the engine on. And it's getting worse, so pretty soon it wont go into 1st at all.

I don't know much about cars, I'm only 17. But if anyone has any advice, that would be splendid. Thanks.