Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - focus leans while driving
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 02:38 PM   #7
Some Guy From NY
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 101517
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL sedan DCT

FF Reputation: 3 Some Guy From NY Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
This car is really getting on my last nerves. I want to be able to love it - I see the potential, but every time I drive I end up grinding my teeth when it decides to not drive straight. This electronic steering is such bullshit. So many things can go wrong if not programmed or installed correctly.

I don't notice any difference in ride height...but like I said earlier, it does pull to the right and the steering wheel pulls when accelerating from a stop or braking quickly. It did not do either of these things before I had my steering rack replaced.

Also with the new steering rack, the steering is VERY loose. The slightest imperfections in the road cause the car to drive in a different direction if I am not holding the wheel tightly. The steering was much stiffer (which I preferred) before the new steering rack.

I don't know what to do at this point.