That Guy

Fan#: 98047
What I Drive: 2014 FiST/FoST

FF Reputation: 49 dyn085 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunR View Post
Glad someone finally pointed that out.

And to the buying used and paying cash... This isn't always an option. I would say peeps need to weigh their options based on their own financial situations and priorities. After being burned on used cars a few times, I lean heavily towards buying new (read: not "abused, neglected, then dumped when the miles are still relatively low"). To me, the first year or two of ownership that are GENERALLY issue-free are worth a premium.

....Not that I'm willing to pay a ton more for new, mind you. I financed $16,600 for my new SE Hatch, I bought my 2008 Ducati new (with a full factory warranty) as a 2-year-old leftover for 66% of MSRP. Gotta shop! But I worry about how a vehicle was abused by someone who fully intended to get rid of it within a year of purchase... even before he/she leased it.
I agree, you never know what the previous owner has or has not done to the vehicle. If a vehicle is only a couple of years old and on a lot used, most likely something is not legit...

Anyone who tries to say that a vehicle's MSRP is $x and the dealership only offered my $y to trade it in needs to come to grips with negotiation. If you pay full sticker and then trade in with the dealers initial offer, you are only reaping what you yourself have sown.

Current prices in my area show that a 2013 5dr Ti is selling below invoice...almost the same as when I bought my Ti earlier this year.

FocusFest 2013: Best of Show
Gateway FFW: Show Class Outstanding
September '13 ROTM
2014 FiST-