Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - DCT Complaints Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 10:02 AM   #121
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

Points 9,583, Level 65
Points: 9,583, Level: 65 Points: 9,583, Level: 65 Points: 9,583, Level: 65
Level Up 78% Completed
Level up: 78% Level up: 78% Level up: 78%
Forum Activity 32%
Activity: 32% Activity: 32% Activity: 32%
FF Reputation: 24 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeywhat View Post
Well, there's probably a ton of people who still have their cars serviced (outside of warranties) at the dealers...so why bother taking care of someone where you might not make as much money when you've got that cash cow going for you?

Sucks, but that's what these guys seem to be telling us through that behavior.

When I bought my car, and had it serviced, I was given an online survey from Ford Corporate. From what I've heard dealers actually give a damn about what gets said on those...and at Village Ford they had a sign up that said if for whatever reason you couldn't give them all 100% ratings in every area to talk to the manager...could just be feel good BS (I had a good experience so I had no need to discuss anything with them), but perhaps a couple bad reviews to corporate will light a fire under their ass?
By not taking care of someone under warranty in preference to higher paid retail service work, and or feeding the company enough misinformation to deny that the vehicle should be fixed not only ticks people off, but it turns them against the car, the dealership and the company that produced the vehicle.

I wanted to be happy with the car, after all that's part of why I ordered it a certain way, but then it wasn't built with much care apparently as otherwise the hood to head lamp interference issue would never have occurred in the first place. Nor the frequent report of tail lamp interference to the body, but that one is relatively common, the head lamp not so much.

Village Ford's body shop refused to look at the car and evaluate it for me. (3.5 miles from WHQ no less).

Ford Customer Service Divison doesn't care about the actual customer so much as it seems to be a front for pretending to care while at the same time defending the moronic dealer network who save them money by submitting false and misleading reports to prevent them from actually servicing the car under warranty. If I had known it would be such a problem to get things resolved under warranty I definitely would not have considered the extended service plan, or possibly wouldn't have bought the car in the first place, despite having ordered it. I'm sure they could have found some other sucker to buy the car from Taylor Ford.

Sorry to go off topic as far as DCT complaints, but it is a complaint about the dealer network and Ford corporate / FCSD.