suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 21 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeywhat View Post
Really? What dealer is that? Sounds like you're having bad luck with dealers...

You'd think Ford would do something with these dealers. They can have the best products in the world, but awful dealer service just ruins it all.

I can't wait until I go in to get my mirror fixed for the second time...wondering how that will play out.
Two dealerships, the first one is nearer to where I live but is still within a 10 mile radius of WHQ more than likely. Actually its 9.6 Miles from WHQ via the Southfield freeway, I94 and Telegraph rds. That was the original bunch of jokers who sold the car then didn't inspect it properly before it came off the truck then later tried to claim the car was hit and therefore refused to warranty the damage that was there from the factory. With what evidence do they support such a claim? A tiny little mark on the tail lamp that was also touching the paint/ rubbing on it? Really so one tiny mark on one part of the car = warranty invalidated huh? Gee thanks morons.

The second is closer to where I work, and is in Dearborn directly, that one was only 3.5 miles away from WHQ. They were willing to change the oil and do the tire rotation and inspection as a paid service, but when I went to try and ask the body shop guy there to even look at it they refused because they said if the first dealer tried and Ford said no then they can't help, and they didn't even want to try and estimate the cost either for comparison or fact gathering. They just sent me back towards jokers number 1. Salesman was not in, different one tried to send me to service, they can't help and refused to figure out what claim form the salesman was talking about that I needed to submit to ford directly to override their decision. I've escalated things through the forum and through FCSD but they just listen to what the dealer says, not based on any physical evidence, so if you have an issue with the car that was there from new it would probably be better to avoid the car in the first place.

Car drives ok, but the body work is messed up from the factory. The hood is being gouged by the lf head lamp and the lr tail lamp is grinding into the paint as well. Both of which will lead to rust if its not taken care of.

The dealer claims they would do the work but they don't want to not get paid, but they are the reason they won't get paid. Why should I pay to fix what Ford screwed up in the first place? How is that logical?