Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - DCT Complaints Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 09:59 AM   #112
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

Points 9,733, Level 66
Points: 9,733, Level: 66 Points: 9,733, Level: 66 Points: 9,733, Level: 66
Level Up 21% Completed
Level up: 21% Level up: 21% Level up: 21%
Forum Activity 27%
Activity: 27% Activity: 27% Activity: 27%
FF Reputation: 24 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdetzel View Post
1. Ford says no - My opinion yes. I have been driving for a good while and this is the first I have heard of calling grinding noise from a transmission normal.
2. Ford says no - My opinion yes. No one has stated an explanation what the grinding noise is or where exactly in the transmission the noise comes from but there are already reports of clutches being replaces on 2011 and 2012 model vehicles.
3. Who knows - There have been a least a couple people that said Ford gave them an extended warranty after having their clutch replaced. Do not know what warranty was given but I have looked at the ESP warranties you can purchase from Ford and it does not cover the clutch.

I think (or hope) this is going to result in some sort of a major recall where Ford finally figures out what is causing all this and gets the problem cars back in and fixes them.
Ford likely only gave out their extended service contract which if it doesn't cover the clutch at all won't help anyhow.

I find the ESP to be useless and I want my money back since the dealer refuses to fix things because they say things in such a manner that Ford always sides with them and denies the claim. So WTF.