Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - What mods can I do?
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 12:24 AM   #23
Michael_Price1990
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 101650
What I Drive: 2003 Yellow SVTFocus. Infiniti FX35

FF Reputation: 1 Michael_Price1990 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I'm from texas! pretty hard to make an illegal road car there. as long as you have a cat and a good tune you'll be fine. I'd go turbo. whats your spending range? Turbos are rather cheap in my opinion for the power you'll unlock in this car! i would have gone turbo instead of super charger if i wasn't concerned about space on my future swap. but i might go turbo after anyway... and be careful with cams. research what cams to get for a turbo set up. some cams are bad with a turbo. i know on the SVT focus most say dont even change the factory cams it will just make it more difficult to run, and a waste of money. but on a regular ZX3 that may be different. but on a regular non turbo/supercharged car you change cams to change the fuel mixture/power levels. on a turbo/supercharged car you have a turbo doing that for you already if you want extra power, just push a few more pounds out of the turbo vs spending an additional amount of money on cams. lets say for example you want cams that give you an extra 20HP? very expensive. and with a turbo you could just turn the boost up an extra 3lbs and depending on the turbo, you'll have more then that extra 20HP out of just 3lbs of extra boost. and without spending an extra 300$ on cams.

i had a turbo charged Scion xD in texas pushing 300ish hp (290Hp on hot ass texas days, 302hp on nice cold rare texas days lol) and i never had any issues with inspections.

2003 SVT Focus
205+ HP
JRSC